Awakening by Ken Allen Dronsfield



Biography:

Ken Allan Dronsfield is a disabled veteran prize winning poet from New Hampshire now residing on the southern plains of Oklahoma. He loves thunderstorms and time with his cats Willa and Yumpy.  He is a three time nominee for the Pushcart Prize Award and six times for the Best of the Net 2016-2018. Ken loves life!  


Awakening


I opened my eyes awaiting the Sunrise,

craving the dawning, dimmed daylight.

That reveille - that morning reveille

'It's that bugles trill,' I was thinking.

Ah, instantaneously I was stimulated;

the peepers brought such euphoria

and choruses forever melodious

And so I asked, 'Is that a canary?'

The wandering woodcock whipping;

In there stepped an awakening dawn.

The scarlet tanager seemed thrilled

then, distinctly I was chirping to them;

Singing and dancing with my bluebird;

The sparrow hawk brought a wariness,

I tossed its ghost against the hallelujahs,

my dreams always stray to wing beats.

The morning's finale brings a sorrow but

afternoon's shall see the lovely waxwings.

Dreamy awakening to the spring equinox.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady