Only A Dream by Lynn Long

Only a Dream

You, my sweet reverie
were, but a fleeting dream
To pass the time,
To ease my sorrow,
To free my mind
In the beginning
I imagined your
face, your voice, 
your knowing touch
Always, I smiled
at the thought of you
Soon, my soul 
renewed in love
No longer wished
on stars above
For dream and reality 
seemed never to part
As feelings of joy 
embraced the heart
Alas, your truth
came to be
A beautiful awakening
I must see 
And, yet, still, I sleep 
knowing true
I cannot escape-
the wonder of you
So, in reverie 
I will abide, until 
the day you're by
my side

Lynn Long- https://zolanymph1.blogspot.com/

Poet, writer, aspiring novelist, daydreamer and believer in the impossible

Contributing artist @hitRECord.org and Scriggler.com

Published in the following Ezines, Publications and Online Journals:

Antarctica Journal

Duane's PoeTree

In Between Hangovers

Stanzaic Stylings

Poetry Poetics Pleasure

Whispersh



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady