Moon Secrets by Colleen Keller Breuning

Moon Secrets

 

The planets rotate and revolve

black holes collapse into dust

stars may come and stars may go

but Luna always returns.

 

From fields of velvet indigo

her alabaster face beckons

she soothes me with moonsong

and I spill my secrets.

 

As the words flow forth

the soul becomes dyed

with the color of its thoughts

and my heart bleeds emotion.

 

Exposed, expunged, extorted

beneath the shuttered moonlight

she breaks her heavy shroud of silence

and laughs at me.

 

The winds rise up at her command

as she flashes her twisted smile

sinking beneath cold mountains

to gossip with the sun.

 

Colleen Keller Breuning © 2018

April 19, 2018


For Bio and more information about Colleen and her works visit her page on this site at: Colleen Keller Breuning Poet and Photographer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady