For The Birds by John Patrick Robbins

For The Birds


he birds within there cage never seem to care about life's problems .

They exist happy void of drama singing when the storms hit , singing when the power goes out.

There happy little bastards and I wonder if only I were their size could I move into their cage bring a bottle of beer and a miniature TV .

Would they just keep singing or freak out at this strange intruder.
Would we become great friends and would they become drunks as well ?


Would they sing less once they understood more .
Or would they leave me in the cage and keep me as I once kept them.

Would I learn to forget life's issues in my hanging home from the ceiling.

Would I sing like a idiot at every occasion as long as they fed me booze .

Or would I stay a miserable old bastard that I have become .
When I realized I just traded one prison for another.

It's weird the shit you think up when you awake to birds singing when you feel on the verge of death and slightly hungover.


               John Patrick Robbins 

Is a barroom poet and editor of both Under The Bleachers and The Rye Whiskey Review .
He is also the author of two books.

Smoking At The Gas Pumps published by Soma Press  , and  A Cold Beer Beats A Warm Heart published by Alien Buddha Press .

Both books are available through Amazon .

His work has appeared in.

Stanzaic Stylings,  Ariel Chart, The San Pedro River Review , The Mojave River Review , Red Fez, Word Dish, Angry Old Man Magazine , Romigos Porch,  Horror Sleaze Trash, Blue Pepper ,  Blognostics,  Piker Press , Outlaw Poetry Network.


His work is always unfiltered. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady