Skeletons In The Closet by Melissa R. Mendelson

Skeletons In The Closet
by, Melissa R. Mendelson

Green light seeped through the closet door
as the door knob slowly turned,
and I tossed and turned in bed.
Darkness turned green
as the door slowly opened,
but the coldness shook me awake
in time to turn on the lights.
The door slammed shut
as I jumped out of bed
and approached the closet door.
My hand hesitated on the knob
before pulling the door open
to reveal nothing.
The dust bunnies greeted me
while my clothes were pushed together,
but there was nothing else in there
except for corners of spider webs.
I closed the door
and headed back to bed,
but something made me pause
as I glanced back at the door.
I pulled my wooden, brown chair over
and leaned it against the door.
I then curled up in bed
and turned off the lights
as green light appeared under the door,
but the door remained shut.
I shuddered beneath the white covers
as the door knob continued to turn
and whispered to myself
that it was nothing
but the skeletons in the closet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady