Self Infliction by Daginne Aignend

Self infliction

It's a pestering virus
disturbing my brain waves.
A continuous silent command
compelling myself to
elevate into higher levels,
even when it wears me out,
makes me sleepless
and restlessly insecure

The worst epiphenomenon of 
this ambitious virus is
DOUBT
Doubt of one's own ability.
When successes fail
the inner self 
crashes
into a severe downfall,
resulting in unmitigated apathy
...
I think I will sleep for days now.

© Daginne Aignend


Bio

Daginne Aignend is a pseudonym for the Dutch poetess Inge Wesdijk.
She likes hard rock music, photography and fantasy books. She is a vegetarian and spends a lot of time with her animals.
Daginne started to write English poetry four years ago and posted some of her poems on her Facebook page and on her website
www.daginne.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady