Musings from the Heart by Lynn Long Review




A symphony of words is the only way I can describe this lyrical collection of poetry. Lynn has mastered the art of weaving words as lyrical liaisons in perfect cadence.  The ebb and flow in each poem is in perfect timing with the rhythm of the poem.  These poems should be set to music.  Each piece has you looking straight into the heart and soul of the poet and experiencing love, loss, triumph and life through a beautifully penned lyric.
Here are a couple of my favorites which so eloquently describe her work and artistry.

As the Dawn Breaks

May I dream of you

before I wake

May I feel your love

as the dawn breaks

In peaceful slumber

I wait for you

To hold me close

To feel my truth

For our love exists

amid the stars

In celestial wonder

and worlds afar

Across the distance

of space and time

A parallel universe

within my mind

In vulnerability

love transcends

In euphoric harmony

we begin

Our souls immortal

as we become one

Your heart is the

portal to my love

undone

So...

May I dream of you

before I wake

May I feel your love-

as the dawn breaks

********

Essence

Feel the wind upon your face

Dance in rains warm embrace

See the sun rise and fall

Hear the howl of a lone wolf's call

Taste the wonder of love's first kiss

Believe in dreams and all you wish...

""""""""

Silence

Deep within, a truth was heard

A symphony of silent words

So profound in rarity

Its sound was blissful clarity

For in finally letting go...

She at last- could hear her soul

""""""""

In every poem the poets heart bleeds and has you feeling each word and stanza.  This collection is truly a rare gem by a wonderfully gifted poet.  Experience the magic by reading this beautiful symphony of words.

Comments

  1. 💜💖Joanne, there are not enough words to express how truly touched and honored I am by your words... I thank you so very much for them❣From the Heart💜❤ Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady