There Is A Bird by Luis Cuauhtémoc Berriozábal

THERE IS A BIRD

There is a bird
that sings outside
all the time as
the sun begins
blazing away.
Inside I keep
cool. The bird sings
of desire. It
wants to tell its
tale. The tender
song gets me out
of bed. I fight
the sun and make
my way outside
to start the day.


In July 2016 Kendra Steiner Editions published my latest chapbook, Make
the Light Mine.  The chapbook could be ordered through Kendra Steiner
Editions, who also publish music as well.
https://kendrasteinereditions.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/new-poetry-chapbook-from-luis-cuauhtemoc-berriozabal-make-the-light-mine-kse-364/Bio:
Luis works in the mental health field in Los Angeles CA.  His poems in English
and Spanish have appeared in online and print journals.  His latest chapbook,
Make the Light Mine, was published by Kendra Steiner Editions. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady