Scarves by Joan McNerney





Scarves

I want to make scarves from the sky.
Since I'm not much of a seamstress,
here's hoping it won't be too hard.

To start I'll just pick up a fleecy
white cloud to cover my neck.

Maybe create a dove grey scarf
and cut out pale blue ones too. 
Make entire closets full of them.

At sunset I will fashion boas
of bright ruby and tangerine.

If lucky I'll find some rainbow
kaleidoscopes to wrap up in.

My midnight shawl will be long
gleaming ebony covering the
shoulders keeping in warmth.

I will list them on eBay and Craig's,
hang pictures on my Facebook wall.

Imagine, everybody will want them!
Would you like one too?
Better put your order in now.



Joan McNerney’s poetry has been included in numerous literary magazines such as Seven Circle Press, Dinner with the Muse, Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze, Blueline, and Halcyon Days.  Three Bright Hills Press Anthologies, several Poppy Road Review Journals, and numerous Kind of A Hurricane Press Publications have accepted her work.  Her latest title is Having Lunch with the Sky and she has four Best of the Net nominations. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady