Listen To The Quiet by Joanne Olivieri


Listen To The Quiet


The hush of falling snow

the breath of stormy seas

bIrds frolicking on the meadow

forest parade of gallant trees.


Honeysuckly sweet on the vine

hummingbirds morning call

with nectar a rose blush wine

from Spring, through Summer and Fall.


A windward breeze blows East

the sun slumbers on the West

natures masterpiece

the day is done, now rest.


The night devoid of sunlight

caress the moon and stars

at dusk fluorescent twilight

guide seafarers from afar.


Listen to the quiet

hear the silent peace

whisper in the moment

our spirit to be set free.





Log Cabin


As I trudge through snow laiden foothills

icy wind whipping my face

biting cold surrounds me

and the sun emerges with haste.


My journey carries me forward

over lifeless branches and leaves

toward the snow capped high sierras

home, to God’s country.


I can see in the distance

the canvas for my creation

my dream springs to life

only in my imagination.


In the future I see a clearing

a cozy and quaint log cabin

nestled among icy fir trees

a small yet real slice of heaven.


Flickering candlelight shines through the window

as I draw near my hearth and home

puffs of smoke circle the chimney

my senses tell me, I am no longer alone.


A now frozen brook

rests silently alongside the dwelling

in Spring, a wading pool of ease

as the snow slowly begins melting.


Though depicting a Christmas tale

this portrait of a Winter scene

merely paints my path to the future

of what, someday will be.


Joanne Olivieri Website

http://joanneolivieri.weebly.com










,




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady