Would You? by Desiree Cady


Would You?
By Desiree Cady

If I showed you the scars
That have broken my heart
Would you hold it together
Instead of ripping it apart?

If I showed you the tears
That fill my eyes at night
Would you hold me close
And make everything alright?

If I showed you the secrets
That I keep locked inside
Would you be my safe place
So I no longer hide?

If I showed you my soul
And allowed you to touch
Would you protect it fiercly
And honor it much?

If I showed you these walls
I have built up so high
Would you tear them down
And stand by my side?

If I showed you all of the things 
And gave you every bit of me
Would you show me a love
That I have yet to see?

©2018 Desiree Cady

Bio
I am a 33 year old mother of two beautiful girls who have been my saving grace. After a brutal attack a few years ago, I have been plagued by PTSD. After the attack and a few suicide attempts, I vowed to tell my story and help inspire others to get help and to know that they are not alone. 
I am currently wrapping up two manuscripts for publication and am set to be published in an upcoming anthology that will come out mid - November.
You can find more of my work at
Www.Facebook.com/Gemini.allure 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady