SELFSAMENESS by Sanjeev Sethi

SELFSAMENESS
Emperor of my isolation I reign over
mottled enclaves of the mind. Serrations
on keys to my kingdom are chiseled by need.

Examining pixels on the wind-screen I intuit.
Readiness with my inner rondure intensifies the apercu.
When a cloverleaf is choked I taper off the runway
making minutiae my hallmark.

I engage with embellishments in the sky,
observe run of breath, agile colonization by ants.
Welcome a cold caller with warmth.

Are these frig-magnet smarts?
Wisdom for one, hogwash for another.
True as tics: inked on the letterhead
of my life.

SANJEEV SETHI

(First published in Otoliths)



SANJEEV SETHI is the author of three well-received books of poetry. His most recent collection is This Summer and That Summer (Bloomsbury, 2015). His poems are in venues around the world including  The Tower Journal, Peacock Journal, The Penmen Review, Red Fez, Indiana Voice Journal, Soul-Lit, The Bitchin’ Kitsch, 3:AM Magazine, Morphrog 14,  Poetry Pacific, The Ofi Press Literary Magazine, Transnational Literature, and elsewhere. He lives in Mumbai, India.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady