Dear Editor by John Patrick Robbins

Dear Editor

I seriously hold sympathy for the editor 
that must read this mess I call poetry.

I wonder if not a drinker, 
do I drive them to the bottle soon after this meeting.

Do they read my name and expect insanity ?

Would they die of shock to read 

my beautiful ode to roses and wonder where's the joke .

Or do they simply reject it soon as it arrives at the  door.
In fear it will corrupt those gentle souls known as true poets .

As the party boy of the scene with a bad reputation precedes me .

I sent out five submissions and none came back rejected .
Seems folks need a laugh far more than they need pretty words .

What do you want good grammar or good taste ?

I wonder after hours of bleeding hearts and sonnets about life .

Does my name alone beckon a good time without regret.

Bad boys are always more fun than modern crybabies.

Dear editor .

Lets dance .





John Patrick Robbins 

Is a barroom poet and editor of both Under The Bleachers and The Rye Whiskey Review .
He is also the author of two books.

Smoking At The Gas Pumps published by Soma Press  , and  A Cold Beer Beats A Warm Heart published by Alien Buddha Press .

Both books are available through Amazon .

His work has appeared in.

Stanzaic Stylings,  Ariel Chart, The San Pedro River Review , The Mojave River Review , Red Fez, Word Dish, Angry Old Man Magazine , Romigos Porch,  Horror Sleaze Trash, Blue Pepper ,  Blognostics,  Piker Press , Outlaw Poetry Network.



His work is always unfiltered. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady