I Want A Writer's Block by Joan McNerney

I Want A Writer's Block


A real writer's block.  After I'm finished
writing, I could run and skip down streets
with all the other writers on the block.
Compare notes, exaggerate and have fun.

Another good one would be a crystal block
on which the great master works are contained.
Stick it in a pocket and read it with my
fingertips.  Why strain my vision?

How about this?  A big block of ice cream
oozing pass throat filled with inspiration.
Or a chocolate block made from creamy images.
I want a writer's block.  Any or all of the above.


Joan McNerney’s poetry has been included in numerous literary magazines such as Seven Circle Press, Dinner with the Muse, Moonlight Dreamers of Yellow Haze, Blueline, and Halcyon Days.  Three Bright Hills Press Anthologies, several Poppy Road Review Journals, and numerous Kind of A Hurricane Press Publications have accepted her work.  Her latest title is Having Lunch with the Sky and she has four Best of the Net nominations. 

Comments

  1. Thank you for the smiles as I attempt to chip away at my own writer's block....I love this! I want all of them too, especially the chocolate block! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady