Old Dogs And Young Fleas by John Patrick Robbins

John Patrick Robbins 

Is the editor of both The Rye Whiskey Review and Under The Bleachers. 
His work is often referred to as being outlaw poetry although he prefers to call it barroom instead .

His work has been published in.


Ariel Chart , The Mojave River Review , Red Fez, Blognostics , Romingos Porch , Synchronized Choas , Piker Press , Outlaw Poetry Network , Horror Sleaze Trash ,Blue Pepper , Academy Of The Heart And Mind,  A Beautiful Space,  Inbetween Hangovers .

His work is always unfiltered. 


Old Dogs And Young Fleas

I respected the old dogs the most when it came to writing .
They knew the miles saw through bullshit easily .

They allowed me into the inner circle I listened when they spoke.
Cause you never got anywhere in this life over time without being smart. 

They bared the storms before the net .
Kids found publication far to easy these days .
Clowns and publisher's  were many .

Those that held titles were seldom what they pretended to be .
I was a kid to them but still they showed me respect I didnt deserve .

I admired them beyond words to embrace the page was to fight nature itself .

To understand pain and only laugh and say to life .

"Is that all you got?"

You will learn more with you're mouth shut and you're ears open .
Then with your head stuck up your so called modern intellectual ass and your gums flapping .

They called me a kid and young punks called me a dinosaur. 

But as long as they all considered me a  writer is all that ever meant a damn to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady