Outside My Room by Holly Day

Outside My Room

I can hear your hand on the door
your fingers sensing my room
on a time-learned path
shadows no longer as if I’m asleep
brazen, you’re here anyway

I hear your feet dragging down
the hallway, hear the jagged
intake of your breath, even now
hollow fingers brush my hair back
all the things I’m screaming to forget


BIo: Holly Day’s poetry has recently appeared in The Cape Rock, New Ohio Review, and Gargoyle. Her newest poetry collections are A Perfect Day for Semaphore(Finishing Line Press),  In This Place, She Is HerOwn (Vegetarian Alcoholic Press), A Wall to Protect Your Eyes(Pski’s Porch Publishing),I'm in a Place Where Reason Went Missing(Main Street Rag Publishing Co.), and The Yellow Dot of a Daisy(Alien Buddha Press).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady