Courageous Woman By Desiree Cady



Courageous Woman
By Desiree Cady

I don't know how you do it
How you keep faking your beautiful smile
When I know the pain you've known
Keeps you walking those extra miles

You say that faith gets you through
You owe it to your prayers
I look at you in disbelief
I can't help but to stop and stare

You possess a strength inside you
Precious and unique
You say what needs to be said
When others are too frightened to speak

You hold within you a power
So unbelievably strong
You say what is on your mind
Even when you know it may be wrong

You stand up tall, You stand and fight
Through so many of your demons
So many others would lie down and fail
For so many different reasons

Do me a favor for just this once
Take a hard look inside of you
There is such tremendous bravery
In everything you do.

©2016



Bio
I am a 33 year old mother of two beautiful girls who have been my saving grace. After a brutal attack a few years ago, I have been plagued by PTSD. After the attack and a few suicide attempts, I vowed to tell my story and help inspire others to get help and to know that they are not alone. 
I am currently wrapping up two manuscripts for publication and am set to be published in an upcoming anthology that will come out mid - November.
You can find more of my work at
Www.Facebook.com/Gemini.allure 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady