Healing a Broken Soul by Desiree Cady



Healing a Broken Soul

You shivered when I touched you
Although my hands were warm
You bundled yourself up in protective clothing
Though the bright skies show no sign of storm

A bitter heart is broken
A soul I see you've lost
All of the people in your past
They've hurt you..just see what it has cost

You cannot go on living
In a world where you are full of fear
How do I do it you ask
Listen closely, let me whisper in your ear

I have gone back to the trusting
Little girl I used to know
So convinced the world means well
Yes, it is delusional I know

I put on a happy front
Place a smile upon my face
Take myself somewhere else
A much better place

I tell myself I could remain
Damaged broken and bruised
But that would be just one more way
I would be allowing myself to be used

So I remember how much love
I once had inside my heart
I provide that to the world
And tell myself I am doing my part

You may see me as caring,
trusting and naive
At times I do appear to carry
My heart upon my sleeve

But deep inside I am always scared
I hide behind my walls
So convinced that sooner or later
The devil will again come to call

But for now I polish myself up
Tighten my own wings
For if i hide my beautiful self
There would be no sadder thing.

©2016
Desiree Cady


Bio
I am a 33 year old mother of two beautiful girls who have been my saving grace. After a brutal attack a few years ago, I have been plagued by PTSD. After the attack and a few suicide attempts, I vowed to tell my story and help inspire others to get help and to know that they are not alone. 
I am currently wrapping up two manuscripts for publication and am set to be published in an upcoming anthology that will come out mid - November.
You can find more of my work at
Www.Facebook.com/Gemini.allure 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady