Friday, December 2, 2016

On The Plain by David Francis

On the Plain

The wind has drowned out the footsteps
behind me
and the telephone lines
go my way
like trees beside a road --
I am looking for
the ones that cross.
I see tall buildings in the distance:
there's nothing to obscure them.
I realize the past is not
what I want; but I'm lonely.
I want to stop.
I want to go back.
I'm tempted to.

But I have to catch up,
carrying a heavy load.



Biography:

David Francis has produced five albums of songs,
one of poems, and "Always/Far," a chapbook of
lyrics and drawings.  His film "Village Folksinger"
has been screened in New York, Texas, Connecticut
and England.  David's poems and stories have
appeared in a number of journals and anthologies.
http://davidfrancismusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment