On The Plain by David Francis

On the Plain

The wind has drowned out the footsteps
behind me
and the telephone lines
go my way
like trees beside a road --
I am looking for
the ones that cross.
I see tall buildings in the distance:
there's nothing to obscure them.
I realize the past is not
what I want; but I'm lonely.
I want to stop.
I want to go back.
I'm tempted to.

But I have to catch up,
carrying a heavy load.



Biography:

David Francis has produced five albums of songs,
one of poems, and "Always/Far," a chapbook of
lyrics and drawings.  His film "Village Folksinger"
has been screened in New York, Texas, Connecticut
and England.  David's poems and stories have
appeared in a number of journals and anthologies.
http://davidfrancismusic.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady