Diamond in the Rough by Colleen Keller Breuning

Diamond in the Rough

High in the mountains, on the brink
Traversing the slippery slope
Headfirst, into the deep abyss
Searching for those lost rays of hope.

River of rain, river of pain
I’m praying for the hurt to fade
Ready for truth, ready for change
Ready to quit this masquerade.

I’m just a diamond in the rough
A black and shiny piece of coal
Lying here among the fault lines
Waiting, waiting to be made whole.

Strip off the mask, show your colors
Black or white, all I ever knew.
The world seemed to burn crimson red,
But you have shown me shades of blue.

Wash me in your crystal waters
Where tides of serenity flow.
Shine the white light upon my skin
And watch me sparkle, watch me glow.

I’m just a diamond in the rough,
A black and shiny piece of coal
Lying here among the fault lines
Waiting, waiting to be made whole.

Colleen Keller Breuning © 2017


BIOGRAPHY:
Colleen Keller Breuning is a poet and photographer who was born and raised in Maryland. She currently resides in Purcellville, Virginia with her husband and cats, Tommy and Jordan. Her poetry, short stories and photography have been published in a variety of print and online magazines during the past decade. Her first poetry book, Shadows of My Father, was a tribute to her father and published in 2011. She is currently working on her second book of poetry, along with assorted photography projects. She participates in several online writing groups. In addition to poetry and photography, she loves nature, music, cats and wine (not necessarily in that order).


"Shadows of My Father" is available for purchase at:https://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Father-Colleen-Keller-Breuning/dp/0983607206


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady