Red by Angelica Grace Lee

Red by Angelica Grace Lee

Red

The color of blood gushing out of unrequited love
The skin of sour red grapes shattering a crystal glass
The perfect rose that sickens the poor man’s dearest
The feathers of a phoenix after rising from the ashes

A fire lit by desire burning bright in the gloomy forest
A distorted tomato before shaped by the hands of fear
A rush in the veins when touched by an Earth angel
A Ferrari driving down the street without an ending

The brilliance of an anthurium on a sunny Sunday morning
The scarlet fever that makes a woman’s beauty fade
The scent of redwood trees in a city girl's dreams
The brightness of a ruby containing the heart's emotions

Red

BIO: My name is Angelica Grace Lee and I am a senior at Lowell High School. I am passionate about social justice and would like to major in sociology or legal studies in college. Currently I am a San Francisco Police Activities League Senior Cadet Sergeant as well as an intern for SFPD's CSI Unit. In my spare time I run a Facebook group called "Kindness in the Darkness" where I share heartwarming acts of kindness in hopes of brightening the days of those who may be suffering dark times. I also like to write poetry as well as read social critique novels. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady