In Love by Angelica Grace Lee

In Love 

As soon as I turn on the radio guess what I hear
A singer who thinks falling in love should be feared
Why do musicians always write like love is bad
And the only result of loving is feeling sad
I guess they never came across someone like you
A person they would never be willing to lose

I was sitting in a room filled with strangers
But I knew all the guys were troublemakers
I forced laughter, faked smiles for the crowd
In actuality scared you would never come around
But everything changed when I saw your face
Now I’m not sure why I had doubts in the first place

You have me searching for four leaf clovers
Trying not to lose my composure
Wishing on shooting stars in the night sky
Hoping to catch a glimpse of when you walk by
You change my mood like they’re the seasons
If I’m feeling like winter you’re my summer beacon

Before I met you I couldn’t find any inspiration
All attempts for a love poem would end in frustration
I know I am not the best at poem writing
Or the most awesome with end-rhyming
But I would write a thousand love poems for you
If you keep “loving me” on your list of things to do

I know these lyrics might seem really cliché
Like watching Spiderman save the day
Looking out for his girlfriend Mary Jane
Clothed in rough blues and reds in the pouring rain
I’m trying to make this song as real as possible
But not exaggerating these verses is improbable

You have me searching for four leaf clovers
Trying not to lose my composure
Wishing on shooting stars in the night sky
Hoping to catch a glimpse of when you walk by
Others might question our complicated love
But it only grows stronger, they’re just jealous of us


Bio: My name is Angelica Grace Lee and I am a senior at Lowell High School. I am passionate about giving back to my community and would like to major in cognitive science, psychology, or legal studies in college. Currently I am a San Francisco Police Activities League Senior Cadet Sergeant as well as an intern for SFPD's CSI Unit. In my spare time I run a Facebook group called "Kindness in the Darkness" where I share heartwarming acts of kindness in hopes of brightening the days of those who may be suffering dark times. I have been the creator and administrator of “Kindness in the Darkness” since 2011. I also enjoy writing poetry and composing song lyrics. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady