When By Desiree Cady

When
By Desiree Cady

I miss our love 
When it was fresh and new
When there was so much passion
In everything that we'd do

When each and every touch 
Came as a pleasant surprise 
When we would get lost in each other
Completely mesmerized

When there was not a single doubt
That you liked what you saw
When the desire in your eyes
Showed a love that was raw

When each and every day
Wasn't more of the same
When living this life
Didn't seem so mundane

When a single thought of you 
Put a smile upon my face
Before all of the magic
Disappeared without a trace

When I knew just what to do
To get us back on track
To rekindle the flame
To get that fiery spark back

When I didn't have to question
If your love for me was true
When I could see all your love 
In everything that you'd do

When I was sure of my place
Inside of your heart
When I knew where I fit in
When I possessed every part

When I knew that I was all that you wanted
Everything you'd ever need
When being in my life
Didn't just seem like another deed

When you told me you loved me
But that wasn't a strong enough word
When actions spoke louder
When what you felt I clearly heard

When love wasn't just  word
But expressed with every action
When our love seemed more
Than just  fatal attraction

©2017 Desiree Cady All Rights Reserved


Bio
I am a 33 year old mother of two beautiful girls who have been my saving grace. After a brutal attack a few years ago, I have been plagued by PTSD. After the attack and a few suicide attempts, I vowed to tell my story and help inspire others to get help and to know that they are not alone. 
I am currently wrapping up two manuscripts for publication and am set to be published in an upcoming anthology that will come out mid - November.

You can find more of my work at
Www.Facebook.com/Gemini.allure 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady