Conundrum by Sanjeev Sethi

CONUNDRUM
 
The compositions on my corneas are in braille. 
No need to tell me of the sinuosities between 
us. Those engrams itch. I’m used to repeating 
myself, like seeking shelter from charred ceilings. 
Who do I execrate when one’s soil is swidden? 
Pathographies of our time guarantee I’m in a
good place. I wonder  who creates this arrhythmia?
When face-to-face with the past how does one
manage? I consume snifters: my way out of 
messy corners. Déjàbrew is never a delight.
 
SANJEEV SETHI
(First Published in The Jawline Review)


SANJEEV SETHI is the author of three well-received books of poetry. His most recent collection is This Summer and That Summer (Bloomsbury, 2015). His poems are in venues around the world: Off the Coast, Zoomoozophone Review, Spirit Fire ReviewDrunk Monkeys, Degenerate Literature, Linden Avenue Literary Journal,Darkrun Review, The Blue Mountain Review, The Penwood Review, W.I.S.H. Press,Easy Street, Novelmasters, Postcolonial Text, Bluepepper,  Otoliths, and elsewhere. He lives in Mumbai, India. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady