Lion In My Heart by Michael Lee Johnson

Lion in my Heart (V2)
By Michael Lee Johnson

There is a heart embedded inside this male lion, I swear.
I eat leaves and underbrush, foliage of the forest, I belch.
Then I fall in love with birds, strangers and wild women.
Tears fall into the lush forest green below,
like Chinese crystal glass beads, shatter.
Then I realize it’s not the jungle, but I that am alone.
In the morning when the bed squeaks, both alarm clocks erupt,
I realize I’m alone in my jungle.
I hear the calls of the wild-
the streetcars, and the metro trains,
wake me in my sleep in my jungle alone,
let me belch in my belly with my Tums,
let me dream in my aloneness I swell.
There is a heart embedded inside this male lion,
I swear jungle man, lion lover, and city dweller.


Advantage Marketing & Promotions
Michael Lee Johnson
Phone/Fax: 630-467-1330
100 Poetry Videos on YouTube:
Feel free to watch individual poetry videos and leave a comment.
Don't forget to hit the "Subscribe Button!  "Thumbs Up!" 
*Michael Lee Johnson has been nominated for 2 Pushcart awards in poetry 2015​ & Best of the Net, 2016













for 2 Pushcart awards in poetry 2015​ & Best of the Net, 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady