Monday, November 7, 2016

GONE by Leanne Neill

GONE

© Leanne Neill



You’re gone;
I feel it,
I sense it.
Vacated
your presence,
extracted
yourself.
Weary am I,
exhausted
from the chase.
Still,
a corner of my heart,
engraved forever
with your name.
From this,
You
can never
withdraw;
I
cannot
release.


Leanne Neill is a company director, domestic goddess, mother of three, and a self-confessed composer of words.  She has twenty-three years of experience in public libraries and local government. In May 2016, she started her poetry inspired Facebook page: LUST for WORDS. She lives in Melbourne, Australia

4 comments:

  1. Thank you sincerely Stanzaic Stylings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne Neill will soon be published in our group anthology with 9,100 poetic Facebook group members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/807679459328998/ Dandelion in a Vase of Roses
    Leanne Neill is one of my rise poetic stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You astound me with your words xxx

    ReplyDelete