The Coming Time - After The Swineherd by Eileen Ni Chuilleanain

The Coming Time

After The Swineherd by Eileen Ni Chuilleanain

When December is almost done
before New Year's wheel has turned
I'll welcome the old ones and set
a plate for them at the table.

I mean to rest and begin anew.
I will listen closely to what Moss Brook murmurs
then toss apples to dance downstream.
I will greet each day,
gather warmth and clouds from the field.

I intend to retreat in silence
where no one knows of me
to sit on the cushion and walk,
to quiet the mind and breath.

I want to awaken each morning content,
to feel the heat of the sun warm floor boards
and whisper away Jack Frost's work.
I will follow tracks of deer, turkey, mouse, and bear

as we all make our way into winter.


BIO

I'm a member of the Society of Children's book Writers & Illustrators , a teacher, artist, and poet. A new chapbook The Heart is a Nursery for Hope was recently published by Flutter Press.

I’ve published global curriculum though University of Massachusetts Press. I'm also an herbalist, from growing and wildcrafting to transformation. My website is elainereardon.wordpess.com.

The following poem was included  in my  chapbook, The Heart is a Nursery for Hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gently in Nature by Michael Griffith

Grounded Angel By Desiree Cady